1 – 3.5 YEARS
MAKE THE EARLY YEARS EDUCATION AN EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR CHILD
In the first five years of life – a child’s basic structure of the brain is built. The importance of the impact on the development of learning skills as well as social and emotional abilities is highly underestimated by some people.
During the first years, toddlers observes most of these skills from role models, interaction and actively doing and not through teaching lessons. These years are guided by loving, carrying and nurturing parents and educators who understand the child and his/her needs. We see it as very important, to place our utmost interest in providing a developmental-sensitive environment so as to help the child to experience a life oriented (naturalistic) development.
During the first years the child develops basic movement, uses sensory learning, copies behavior of others and studies the world from its cognitive abilities. Each child moves freely in the environment and is stimulated by the material, the areas, the children as well as the TLI Guides (Educators). They are a part of the daily life experiences and activities, spend a lot of time in free play to study what they are interested in and are stimulated through impulses by the educator.
SUPPORT THROUGH DEVELOPMENTAL-SENSITIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Our TLI Guides are educators who participated in a Certified Training of TLI Pedagogics for children age 12 – 40 months. This makes them aware about the child-oriented approach used in the TLI Pedagogics curriculum.
- The environment is a paradise of senses for the child’s brain. We provide a TLI Sensory Area (or room)
- The TLI Movement Area provides space in which children can freely move and strengthen their gross motor skills. They have free choice of movement at any time of the day.
- The area for creativity allows children to touch base with many different materials which stimulate their creativity
- The area for studying and learning stimulates the cognitive abilities, introduces mathematically based concepts, colors, shapes, and much more.
- The area for reading offers developmental-sensitive books with supporting material, a relaxing atmosphere and materials which help to center and calm down after exciting moments.
- The children are a part of daily life activities and help provide meals (peal fruits, mix salad, etc.)
- Day-cares are open throughout the day but children visit for max 20 – 30 hours a week (depending on their age and needs)
- We focus a lot on making the transition from home to TLI Pr-primary a smooth process for both – parent(s) and child. Therefore, we are allowing this transition to take up to 2 months.
- Parents play a vital role in everything we do, because they are the experts of their child and are a part of decision making. We keep all our work open and transparent.
RECOGNIZING THE IMPORTANCE OF THE FIRST THREE YEARS OF LIFE
Luckily, more parents and educators as wells as teachers become aware about the importance of these first years of life and focus on giving the children the best possible or available!
More parents become interested in models which provide modern and innovative education, outside of the box-thinking and approaches. They are willing to take on higher costs to guarantee quality implementation of modern standards in their children’s education.